Sunday, June 29, 2008

self portrait

Last week completely got away from me.

Sean and I met with Rosemont for an accessment on Tuesday. I don't know that it was really necessary. She went over a bunch of paperwork that I had given her and made sure it was all correct. Nothing really new or different.

I then met with Rosemont and Andrea, our FCCS social worker on Thursday to review the accessment. Again, nothing was in the report that we weren't aware of. Rosemont is pushing to have Kole admitted to their program. Andrea and I (plus many others) are in agreement that Rosemont is not able to offer him the level of treatment that he needs. Andrea and I met after the accessment review and she expressed some concerns that she had. I was glad that she brought them up because I felt the same way.

When we were finished Kole and I watched a bit of a movie and then went outside for a walk. We had a nice visit. We sat under a tree for awhile and talked and took some photographs, self portraits of sorts. He seemed to be feeling well and his spirits were good. He said he wanted to come home. I miss him terribly. I am so sad when he isn't home with us. I KNOW that I am doing the right thing. I KNOW that this is what must be done but it doesn't stop my heart from breaking.

We are now waiting to hear from FCCS on what comes next. He should be placed permantly in the next week or so.


5 comments:

Jill said...

So cute! I love this picture!

You will get through all of this. You will! I know you will!

SavvySarahDesigns said...

cute pic, erin. xoxoxoxxoxoxoxox

We are the Ferrari's said...

So adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture!

Anonymous said...

I love it!