Monday, June 23, 2008

update on koley

He is currently at Rosemont in their Pathways program. It is a 10 day minimum stay. We will work on a assessment tomorrow and have a meeting on Thursday to review what they find.

We met with fccs today. We had a planning meeting with our social worker and many others. It was long and grueling. We worked and listed on his strengths, which was positive and nice to see them on paper. We then discussed his behaviors and struggles.

They are definitely referring us to a residential program outside of the county. I thought for some reason, just maybe, that I would go in there and the outcome would be different. It is so amazingly breathtaking to think that I have to lose that much more time with my son. His childhood is slipping away from him, from me, from all of us!

It appears within the next two weeks that he will be placed. I am still shocked. Can't imagine why, I knew it was coming but I didn't want to believe it.

Everything is still 100% voluntary on our part. We still have a say and are able to assist in decisions. I have to follow with my head rather than my heart.


3 comments:

We are the Ferrari's said...

Erin, you are one the strongest, sweetest, caring people I know. I truly admire you as a friend and a parent. Each day your courage amazes me. I hope one day when I am a mom, I can be as amazing as you! Truly. :) I think about Kole everyday!

Jill said...

You are doing the best for your Kole. You are giving him the best life. You are a great mom.

Keep your head up and keep going. Someday you'll look back and know that you did the right thing.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Anonymous said...

I'm always thinking about you guys. I love this picture of the three older kids. Hang in there. You are so much stronger than you know. God challenges the strong ones.