Wednesday, January 05, 2011

meet elizabeth

*disclaimer:  a whole bunch of rambling below...

She is our clinician.  Correction.  Was our clinician.  Koley was successfully discharged from the Ranch and from our intensive home based therapy yesterday.  Sounds wonderful right?  Then why on earth do I feel like I lost my best friend and have a lump in my throat the size of a baseball? 

I'm scared to death of losing her and the services that she provides.  She was (IS) awesome.  Like stellar awesome.  Never have we had such a amazing clinician.  We've been in this for a long time.  We started down this road when Koley was three.  He will be twelve in a couple months.  She came into our lives just as Kole was at a low.  We were all at a low.  Koley had just been readmitted to the Ranch to the residential program.  She started coming to our home twice a week.  I have become so dependent on her that I can't imagine, nor do I want to imagine how time will pass without her in our lives. 

She taught me so many things.  One of the most important things is that I am a good mama to Kole.  That I can get through his tantrums.  She taught me coping skills and positive thinking.

I can never thank her enough for the time, effort and energy she put into our family.  She was such a wealth of information and helpfulness.  I wish I was one of those that was eloquent but alas, I'm not, but when I say that I will miss her, that our entire family will miss her, it comes from my heart.


2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

((HUGS)) I'm sad for you. I know how much you all love her. :)

Jill said...

I remember hearing you talk about her at the nest gathering and I could just hear it in your voice how much she really means to you and your family. I cannot imagine what you must be going through but because of her you're just a bit stronger than you already were... :(